Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Double Back to Snipping

A winter wonder from Beardo.com. Perfect for harvesting gourds on windy, cold days!
I just used the Snipping Tool to capture a knitting project picture -- a knitted beard hat. The beauty part was the discovery that I could email the image directly to my sister who loves to knit. With the holidays coming up, there's a whole collection of family members waiting for such technology!

When working with teachers, it will be easy to snip and email an image directly when collaborating on projects together. I am a transient Gifted Resource Teacher and often I collaborate with teachers from different building for differentiation. Because our school system's technology doesn't allow for the use of Google Docs, Diigo, etc...the sharing of information is not always immediate and often done through email. At least with the snipping tool that exists on most of the equipment I can access at school, I can get an image to someone fast, with arrows and captions as needed. Even if I prepare something at home, it's no guarantee they'll be able to receive it at school. I can see now, taking this course, how far behind the school system has become. At least there is some collaboration (ISTE NET S standard #5-Professional Growth and Leadership). Snipping may not be flashy compared to social bookmarking, but it's better than sending whole attachments!

No comments:

Post a Comment